Fitbit, like most modern services, offers premium options. This allows you to get more from your smartwatch or fitness tracker, through various useful features. You can benefit from personalized insights, dynamic training, and more. But what if you find that you don’t need this additional feature? See the rest of our article below where we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to cancel Fitbit Premium.
What is Fitbit Premium?
Registering to Fitbit Premium is quite easy, and can open many additional features not available with the free service version. You will be able to learn more about your fitness through personalized insights, along with sophisticated sleep equipment too. You can take advantage of dynamic training, and also take advantage of various other guided programs. However, this is not for everyone, and you might find that you don’t need Fitbit Premium.
Get a free trial first
If you are reading this and have not subscribed, you should know that you can take advantage of Fitbit Premium for free for 90 days. This free trial is available for users on the Fitbit application. You can find out more about this here, and get your own free 90-day Fitbit Premium trial. You should note that payment details will be requested, so be sure to cancel before your trial ends if you want to avoid being charged.
How to cancel Fitbit Premium on the desktop
How you cancel a Fitbit Premium subscription will depend on the method you used to register. You can only cancel it using the same device that you used to register the service. If you register on their desktop site, you can cancel Fitbit Premium in a few simple steps.
- Open Fitbit.com and log in to your account
- Click your name in the upper right of the screen
- Go to settings
- Find the Subscriptions and Payments section
- Click edit and cancel your subscription
Another thing to note here is that if you are still in the free trial period, you will not be able to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription on the website. In this case, please see the instructions below to cancel it in the application.
How to cancel Fitbit Premium on an Android Device
These instructions apply to Android devices, and you can find out how to cancel an iOS device below.
On mobile devices:
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Press the hamburger icon and select the Google account that is subscribed to Fitbit Premium
- Tap Fitbit and open the Manage Subscriptions menu
- Select Cancel Subscription and then confirm
- Go to the Google Play Store
- Select my subscription from the left side of the screen
- Find the Fitbit application and then press Manage
- Select Cancel Subscription and confirm
How to cancel on an iOS device
- Open your iPhone Settings application
- Open your Apple ID
- Go to Subscriptions
- Select Fitbit and then press Cancel Subscription
On a Mac
- Open the App Store
- Tap your profile from the lower left corner or select Store then View My Account from the bar at the top of the screen
- Under Manage, click on the button next to Subscriptions
- Select a Fitbit subscription and then press cancel
How to cancel Fitbit on a Microsoft device
These instructions apply if you subscribe to a PC or even an Xbox and want to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription.
- Open Microsoft.com and enter
- Select Services & Subscriptions from the bar at the top of the screen
- Select Fitbit, then click the Manage button
- Select Cancel and then follow the instructions on the screen to cancel your subscription