Ring Fit Adventure for Nintendo Switch is a unique fitness game that makes you face various physical challenges. There are various modes and ways that you can play, but before you do all that, you need to set it. Ring Fit Adventure has some unique hardware that requires more settings than other Switch games, even though it will only take a few minutes. Here’s how to do it.
Products used in this guide
Ring-Con for your ring fitness: Ring Fit Adventure ($ 80 with Best Buy)
Separate controller: Joy-Cons ($ 80 on Amazon)
How to set the Ring Fit Adventure
- Launch Ring Fit Adventure from the HOME Switch screen.
- Remove Joy-Con (L) from Nintendo Switch or prepare Joy-Con (L)
- Insert Joy-Con (L) into the leg strap pocket with the control stick outside the mesh. The control stick must be at the top of the leg strap.
- Wrap the straps on your left thigh.
- Fasten the leg strap by pulling the strap and attaching it to the other strap. Be careful not to tighten the rope.
- Remove Joy-Con (R) from the Nintendo Switch or prepare Joy-Con (R).
- Slide the Joy-Con (R) into the Ring-Con accessory. Be sure to align the “+” button with the “+” sign.
- You may need to update the controller when placing Joy-Con (R) into the Ring-Con. Do this by pressing “A” if prompted.
- Place the Ring-Con on a flat surface to calibrate
- Lift the Ring-Con with both handles (soft part) and press the sides inward. Leave the Joy-Con button facing you during this step.
- Select the unit of measurement you want by selecting a region.
- Press Ring-Con together like you did in the previous step and hold until “START” appears on the screen.
Ring Fit Adventure will then go through the basic controls of the game and review health and safety information. You rotate Ring-Con to move your cursor, press to confirm, and pull apart to cancel. Now, you are ready and good to go!
Our top equipment takes
To play Ring Fit Adventure, you need more than just a game on your Switch. Luckily, Ring-Con comes in a box when you buy a physical copy of Adventure Ring Fit. If you have an original Nintendo Switch, you should already have the Joy-cons you need, but if you have a Lite Switch, you might need to invest in a few if you want to try the game. This is what you need to jump over.